Wool Mattress Toppers Give You Extra Comfort and a Better Nights Sleep
A good mattress topper is a great way to improve your bed and there’s plenty of reasons for choosing a wool mattress topper for a better nights sleep.
A mattress topper is considered by many to be an essential addition to your bed. There are several reasons why you might want a mattress topper, not just for the extra comfort they give. And a wool mattress topper has some special added benefits that come from being made with natural wool fibres.
Benefits of having a Mattress Topper
- Reduce back ache. If you suffer from back ache, a mattress that's too firm can make it feel much worse. A mattress topper will add a layer of comfort without taking away the support that's needed.
- Restore an old mattress. If your mattress is showing signs of wear, but your not quite ready to invest in a new one, then a mattress topper is a great way to extend its life and reduce that sinking feeling when lying in bed.
- Protect a new mattress. After investing in a good quality mattress you'll want it to last for quite a few years. A mattress topper is a must have for keeping your new mattress clean from any sweat and skin oils.
10 Reasons Why a Wool Mattress Topper is Better
- Antibacterial. Wool naturally inhibits the growth of mould and bacteria.
- Resistant to dust mites. We all like a nice bed, unfortunately dust mites like them too. They can cause sneezing, coughing, a runny nose and watery eyes. Wool, however, is naturally resistant to dust mites.
- Breathable. Unlike synthetic materials, wool is a 100% natural and breathable fibre.
- Disperses body heat. In warm weather some mattresses can retain a lot of heat, keeping it trapped where your body meets the mattress. A wool mattress topper allows the heat to disperse naturally giving you a nice warm even body temperature without any overheating.
- Moisture management. On hot Summer nights wool has the ability to wick away moisture in its vapour state, before it turns into sweat.
- Regulates temperature. Wool's amazing ability to transfer heat along its fibres keeps the temperature even throughout the bed - no more cold patches.
- Eco-friendly. Wool products have a long lifespan and as a natural material, wool is an environmentally responsible choice.
- Suitable year round. Perfect for all seasons, a wool mattress topper will help keep you cool in Summer and warm on cold Winter nights.
- Easy to care for. It is well known that wool items don't need regular washing, this is because of it's ability to inhibit the growth of bacteria.
- Better sleep. All of these qualities make a wool mattress topper the natural choice for a perfect nights sleep.
The Different Wool Mattress Toppers Available
The Wool Room have a choice of two toppers, the Deluxe wool topper and a luxury version made with organic Alpaca wool.The Wool Room
John Lewis have the Devon Duvets Wool Mattress Topper. Its made with British wool and has a 5 year guarantee.John Lewis
Marks & Spencer have a nice and cosy reversible topper with fluffy wool on one side and 100% cotton on the other.Marks & Spencer
Check out our choice of the Best New Cushions to make your bedroom look and feel more homely.